tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Karolis Monkus" <karolis.mon...@dts-solutions.lt>
Subject Re: can't start tomcat on port 80
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:53:02 GMT

Karolis M.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:15 PM
Subject: RE: can't start tomcat on port 80

> From: Karolis Monkus [mailto:karolis.monkus@dts-solutions.lt]
> Subject: Re: can't start tomcat on port 80

> Nothing running on 80 port, selinux and firewall disabled, so no
> need for writing iptables rules.

Good to kno.w

> What do you mean by saying i need support from Fedora?

The third-party repackaged versions of Tomcat are not just copies of the
real ones from tomcat.apache.org - they have been modified to change
location and content of configuration files, log files, startup scripts,
etc.  Consequently, when something doesn't work, it's often necessary to
contact the repackager, since experience shows they broke it.

> Would everything be easier if i just download newest tomcat tar
> archive and manually install/run it?

It certainly would for those of us providing this voluntary support on the
mailing list; we would then know exactly what we're dealing with.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.