tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 doesn't start on Windows
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:38:07 GMT
Giles wrote:
> On 27 February 2013 11:52, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>> computer repair centre wrote:

>>> Hi Rune,
>>>
>>> Please can you provide the value of the JAVA_HOME environment variable?
>>>
>> That has nothing to do with the matter. The wrapper (tomcat7.exe) takes the
>> path of the JVM to run from the Registry, not from environment variables.
>> Run tomcat7w.exe and check the Java tab.
>
> But it is used by service.bat when installing the service. This issue
> could be caused by using the 64-bit installation with the 32-bit JVM.
> This would explain why calling the wrapper directly from the command
> line does execute successfully.

I believe that the above statement is false.
Whether you run the command
"tomcat7 //TS/Tomcat7"
from a command-line window, or you let the Windows Service Manager run the same command,
does not change the fact that "tomcat7(.exe)" takes its parameters from the same place in

the Registry.
So if it works one way, and not the other, it is not because of that Registry setting nor

bacause the JAVA_HOME environment variable.