tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat6 j_security_check any parameter / sessions variable on failure?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:03:53 GMT
On 2/25/2013 2:54 AM, Tanmoy Chatterjee wrote:
> Hello,
> Tech Stack:
> 	Tomcat: 6.0.35
> 	Java: 1.6.0_18
> 	OS: RHEL 5.3
>
> I am using j_security_check (JNDIRealm - LDAP authentication).
> On failure I am sending the user to a common error.jsp in the application. On successful
authentication of-course the page requested is displayed.
> The problem is that the error.jsp is called from the application as well if there are
any errors/ exceptions in some functionality (I want to avoid writing any new error pages
in my application).

> In the error.jsp, is there any way to know that the failure is because of j_security_check
and not from anywhere else i.e does tomcat add any separate sessions parameter after unsuccessful
j_security_check authentication which I can use for displaying proper error message?

> Thanks,
> Tanmoy

Hi, Tanmoy-

javax.servlet.error.request_uri is one attribute that is set on the
request.  Further information is available here:

     http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/constant-values.html

Also, I'd suggest taking a look at the Error Handling chapter in the
Java Servlet Specification.

-Terence Bandoian