tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denis <sunseaandpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Does windows authentication works on Tomcat under Linux.
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:06:53 GMT
Hello,

     I want to use Tomcat's Windows Authentication
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html#Third_party_libraries>

feature to have a reliable domain user name via
HTTPServletRequest.getRemoteUser() within my servlet.

     Questions:

     1) Is Tomcat's Windows authentication supposed to work in my env?

  * Application Server: apache-tomcat-7.0.21
  * JDK version: 1.6.0_26
  * OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)

     2) Any additional setup required to be able to access domain
username via HTTPServletRequest.getRemoteUser() within my servlet?