tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding JNDIRealm - tomcat 6.0.35
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:34:02 GMT
Tanmoy Chatterjee wrote:
> We are not using openldap but eDirectory. Unfortunately we do not have access to the
ldap configurations...only information we have is that after about 2 mins of idle connection,
ldap drops the same from its side. Bit if we see in app server side using netstat, we can
still see the same connection.

Just a comment on what you say above :
When "Tomcat" opens a connection, it is really the JVM under which Tomcat runs which does

that, or in some cases some native code library.  And this JVM / native library uses the
OS TCP/IP stack to do that.

What you see with netstat is the status of connections at the OS level.
In other words, if netstat says that a connection is "established", then that is what it
is, and any code in Tomcat will see it that way, and has no way to see it otherwise.

So, on the face of it, there seems to be a contradiction between you saying on the one
hand that the LDAP server closes the connection, and on the other hand that netstat shows

the connection still being active.