tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: PermGen space errors
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:32:45 GMT
Leo Donahue - RDSA IT wrote:
...>
> Since my last post, upgrading to 7.0.37 and to the latest Java 1.6.0_39, nothing in the
logs out of the ordinary.  Except for this in catalina.  What are these?  Are these attempts
to log into manager/html?

> Feb 23, 2013 7:37:16 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm authenticate
> WARNING: An attempt was made to authenticate the locked user "admin"
> Feb 23, 2013 7:37:16 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm authenticate
> WARNING: An attempt was made to authenticate the locked user "admin"
> Feb 23, 2013 7:37:17 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm authenticate
> WARNING: An attempt was made to authenticate the locked user "tomcat"
> Feb 23, 2013 7:37:17 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm authenticate
> WARNING: An attempt was made to authenticate the locked user "admin"
>

> And this drives me crazy...
>
> googlebots keep crawling for services that aren't deployed anymore... give up google..stop
wasting my logs.

I believe that if you provide a suitable "robots.txt" file in the root of your apps (or
webapps/ROOT, since those apps don't exist anymore), it will stop crawling your site.
Have a look in Googel, or just here :
http://www.robotstxt.org/orig.html