tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Dümont <duem...@mi.fu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Troubles with JNDI data source configuration in Tomcat6 - mentioning H2 and Jetty
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:53:09 GMT
Hello Chris,

Am 22.02.2013 02:39, schrieb Christopher Schultz:
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Context> <Resource
>> type="javax.sql.DataSource" name="jdbc/DSCarsAppDB"
>> factory="org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcDataSourceFactory"
> You probably don't need to specify this factory. If you don't specify
> this, you'll get Tomcat's built-in DBCP.

That was absolutely true! In fact, removing the "factory"-parameter made
it work after all.

> I know it seems excessive, but you can post your entire catalina.out
> (after you shut down Tomcat, remove catalina.out, and re-start)?
> Sometimes all that extra "junk" in the stack trace can help.

This was an excellent tip. I used an untouched, local Tomcat
installation on my laptop, cleaned the logs, and deployed my faulty
project and looked into the "extra junk". There I found the following in
between hibernate initialization and configuration process:

     org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration - Configured SessionFactory: null

That gave it away!

Thanks, Chris, for giving me the direction!

Have a nice weekend!
Bye,
Alex