tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Problem with nsapi_redirect.so (1.2.37) on iPlanet 7.0.15 and Solaris 11
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:54:36 GMT
On 02/19/2013 12:11 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:

> Did you tried to check the ulimit.
> Seems like webservd once when switched to non privileged user cannot
> create threads
> either because of some security settings or lack of resources.

I'm not so sure that this sequence is what's occurring.
When the jk_init function is called, the non-privileged webservd process
hasn't actually been spawned yet.  As far as I can tell, it's still
running within the root owned webservd parent process.

So at this point, I don't think it's switched to the non-privileged user
yet.

Of course that still doesn't make sense why the root user wouldn't be
able to create a thread with systhread_start.

Andy