tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Problem with nsapi_redirect.so (1.2.37) on iPlanet 7.0.15 and Solaris 11
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:36:05 GMT
On 02/19/2013 12:11 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 02/18/2013 10:47 PM, Andy Wang wrote:
>>
>> If I execute startserv as the non-privileged user rather than root or
>> do this on Solaris 10, no problems.
>> Any ideas why systhread_start (this is an iPlanet NSAPI function)
>> would fail here as root?
>>

> Did you tried to check the ulimit.
> Seems like webservd once when switched to non privileged user cannot
> create threads
> either because of some security settings or lack of resources.

Yeah, sorry, I should have mentioned it.
-u is 29995
-n is 1024
both are identical for the root role or the webservd user.

I'm not that familiar with Solaris 11 and what they did to the root as a
role instead of a regular user so I wasn't sure what other resource
configuration to look at.  What does confuse me though is the thread
pool stuff in the webserver itself (as well as the built-in servlet
engine) seem fully functional so this issue seems specific to the
jk_init call to systhread_start.

Thanks,
Andy