tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Server (memory/storage occupied at runtime) maintenance, and performance
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 09:19:59 GMT
Angeles Jesus Jr. Calimlim wrote:
> Hi Tomcat users,
>
> I run a website using Tomcat 6.
>
> i was wondering if there are things i should do e.g.:
> - to free up some hdisk space occupied by Tomcat
> - or free up some memory occupied by Tomcat
> - or anything that can improve its performance
>
> I use it for my production website, but have no sufficient knowledge on maintaining (or
improving performance) it in production.

Do you really think that anyone can answer this, and in how many pages would you like it ?
Does your production application display "Hello World", or does it calculate the GDP of
the OECD countries over the last 20 years ?
Read the Tomcat on-line documentation, buy a book, understand how it works, figure out
what the problem is (if there is a problem), and then if you have a real problem, come
back here and ask a specific question.