tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ServletException including path '/WEB-INF/layouts/standard.jsp'.
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 19:05:02 GMT
On 2/8/2013 10:29 AM, Lou Henry wrote:
> Thanks for responding.
>
> 1. Why such an old version?
>            This is what the product was distributed with.
> 2. Does the above file exist and is readable (in the exploded war)?
>            Yes, the file exist in
> ...tomcat/webapps/[appname]/WEB-INF/layouts/standard.jsp
> 3. The server logs may contain a more detailed message than this Error 500
> page.
>             The tomcat server logs only show informational messages of this
> kind:
>
> Feb 8, 2013 12:12:53 PM org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache
> tldScanJar
>
> INFO: No TLD files were found in
> [jndi:/localhost/[appname]/WEB-INF/lib/spring-asm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar].
> Consider adding the JAR to to the
> tomcat.util.scan.DefaultJarScanner.jarsToSkip in
> CATALINA_BASE/catalina.properties
>

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Konstantin Kolinko
> <knst.kolinko@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2013/2/8 Lou Henry <louztech@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am at a complete loss with this error. I am running Apache Tomcat/
>> 7.0.14.
>>
>> 1. Why such an old version?
>>
>>> I attempted to re-deploy a backup copy of war files that were previously
>>> working.  I did not make any changes to the content of any files. I
>> stopped
>>> Tomcat, blew away the tomcat/work/* and tomcat/temp/* files.  I deleted
>> the
>>> war and webapp directories from tomcat/webapps.  I copied in the backup
>>> copy of the war files and started Tomcat to explode the wars.  I
>> attempted
>>> to access the app and received the trace listed below.  Can someone
>> please
>>> help me with this issue.  Thank you...
>>>

>>> to me
>>>
>>> *HTTP Status 500 - *
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> *type* Exception report
>>>
>>> *message*
>>>
>>> *description* *The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
>>> it from fulfilling this request.*
>>>
>>> *exception*
>>>
>>> org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
>>> failed; nested exception is org.apache.tiles.impl.CannotRenderException:
>>> ServletException including path '/WEB-INF/layouts/standard.jsp'.
>>
>> 2. Does the above file exist and is readable (in the exploded war)?
>>
>> 3. The server logs may contain a more detailed message than this Error 500
>> page.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Konstantin Kolinko

Does this application depend on additional jars in $CATALINA_HOME/lib
(bad practice in general)?

Did the war file contain a META-INF/context.xml? If so, did you delete
conf/Catalina/localhost/app-name.xml?

This is assuming that you've not renamed the Service name and default
host of course.

. . . . just my two (previously bitten on this) cents.
/mde/