tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: problem with context.xml for parallel deployments
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 13:41:38 GMT
On 08/02/2013 01:06, Zippy Zeppoli wrote:
> Ah, the author himself! Perhaps this will help

Ha ha.

If you want to help improve the Tomcat documentation then answers to the
following questions would be a good place to start.

>>> <Context name="myapp##1.3.5">
>>> </Context>

What led you to believe that such a configuration was valid? I don't see
any reference to a name attribute in the documentation.

>>> Is it a best practice to version just using the filename, both?

>>> Thanks for any insights, the documentation doesn't seem to explain
>>> this very well and there isn't a resource on the web that goes over
>>> this in detail.

Related, I suspect to the question 1 above. The docs on versions, paths
and the relationship between is here:

2. What isn't explained very well?

Suggested improvements (ideally as patches) welcome.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message