tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: deploy application in new service in tomcat
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 13:31:00 GMT
Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a new service in tomcat (7.0.20) with service name 'catalina_new' and appBase='webapps'
by doing some changes in server.xml.
> I am keeping the appBase same as that for default service 'catalina'
> I have several applications deployed under webapps.
> I want only a single application with context '/feeder' to be accesible through new service.
> Condition: I do not want to have a separate appBase for new service and deployed only
the required app under this new appBase.

> In short, do we have a context based filtering in tomcat so that tomcat incorporate request
only from a specific context path and ignore all others

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, but if I do then there is some kind

of contradiction, or impossibility.
In tomcat (and in the servlet spec in general) a "context" /is/ a web application.
So if you have a tomcat with an application under CATALINA_BASE/webapps/feeder, and a
client asks for the URL http://your_tomcat_host:port/feeder, it will get it.
If you do not want this application to be accessible, don't deploy it in your host.
Or use a separate <Host> to give it a separate hostname and/or port and a separate
appBase.  That's less complicated than running two separate Tomcat instances.