tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco)" <anigo...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: deploy application in new service in tomcat
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:23:25 GMT
Hi Daniel,

'deployIgnore' option work for me. Can you please tell me how we can add multiple context
path (context path for multiple applications) in this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Mikusa [mailto:dmikusa@vmware.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: deploy application in new service in tomcat

On Feb 7, 2013, at 8:03 AM, Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a new service in tomcat (7.0.20)

This is really old, you should upgrade.

> with service name 'catalina_new' and appBase='webapps' by doing some changes in server.xml.
> I am keeping the appBase same as that for default service 'catalina'
> I have several applications deployed under webapps.
> I want only a single application with context '/feeder' to be accesible through new service.
> Condition: I do not want to have a separate appBase for new service and deployed only
the required app under this new appBase.

> In short, do we have a context based filtering in tomcat so that tomcat incorporate request
only from a specific context path and ignore all others

Not sure I follow what you are trying to do, but it kinda sounds like you might want this?
 If not, please try to explain your use case a little more.

"deployIgnore

A regular expression defining paths to ignore when autoDeploy and deployOnStartup are set.
This allows you to keep your configuration in a version control system, for example, and not
deploy a .svn or CVS folder that happens to be in the appBase."

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/host.html#Common%20Attributes

Dan