tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: deploy application in new service in tomcat
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 13:13:05 GMT
On Feb 7, 2013, at 8:03 AM, Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at Cisco) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a new service in tomcat (7.0.20)

This is really old, you should upgrade.

> with service name 'catalina_new' and appBase='webapps' by doing some changes in server.xml.
> I am keeping the appBase same as that for default service 'catalina'
> I have several applications deployed under webapps.
> I want only a single application with context '/feeder' to be accesible through new service.
> Condition: I do not want to have a separate appBase for new service and deployed only
the required app under this new appBase.

> In short, do we have a context based filtering in tomcat so that tomcat incorporate request
only from a specific context path and ignore all others

Not sure I follow what you are trying to do, but it kinda sounds like you might want this?
 If not, please try to explain your use case a little more.

"deployIgnore

A regular expression defining paths to ignore when autoDeploy and deployOnStartup are set.
This allows you to keep your configuration in a version control system, for example, and not
deploy a .svn or CVS folder that happens to be in the appBase."

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/host.html#Common%20Attributes

Dan