tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - RDSA IT <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject RE: docBase
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 20:57:56 GMT

I take it all back.  The typo in my context file I thought was the problem, was not it.

In Tomcat 7.0.34 I had a context file in conf/Catalina/localhost called output.xml

The docBase attribute was:  docBase="\\servername\share$\gisoutput"

The purpose was to create a virtual output directory on Tomcat to read images from the network
share.  Something like http://servername/output/someimage.png

Tomcat 7.0.34 was installed as a service using the service.bat, and the service was running
under a local account on the webserver, not a local system account, one I created.  The docBase
was pointing to an administrative share on another storage server.  I created the same local
account on that storage server, and gave share and security permissions to that share.  Then
I started Tomcat 7.0.34 and got that exception in the log file.

For the heck of it, I removed the 7.0.34 service and installed 7.0.32.  The exact same setup
is working in 7.0.32

Is the $ causing an issue?