tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sry...@jsrsys.com
Subject Re: Fw: Tomcat 5.0.28 jdbc error "Name jdbc is not bound in this Context" on WindowsXP.
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 04:59:28 GMT
I thought you had hit the nail on the head of 5.0 vs. 5.5, but when I
recoded the short form into the long form I still get the same error.   I am
ready to install a new Tomcat.   Is there any reason to NOT go to most
recent 7.x release?

I realize that as long as I stay at Java 5 and MySQL 5 I don't have to worry
about writing code that won't work on the production machine (which is more
difficult to change).

I really do appreciate the thought you have given this, above and beyond.
Thank you.

You commented:
It's possible that Tomcat 5.0 doesn't support the short-form of
<Resource> like Tomcat 5.5, 6.0, and 7.0 do. You might have to do it
the long-way like you have in server.xml.

I find it odd that you are defining once in server.xml and once in
context.xml. How about this:

server.xml
<Resource name="jdbc/MySqlDB" ... />
<ResourceParams>