tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Winter <>
Subject Re: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library was not found
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:59:36 GMT
We have a COBOL back end that handles the core functions of our product.
The only way we have for the servlet based front end to get at that data is
via a type 1 odbc driver.  It is a real pain because it is not thread safe
so we have to funnel all the traffic through a single thread.

Anyway, I got the APR working and managed to fire up Tomcat with the APR
connector but my original problem (in another email) remains. That being
that calls to a Comet servlet I created return a 400 response saying that
the URL does not support get requests.  I tried NIO first and thought that
APR would perhaps solve my problem. So now I am giving up and trying to
have a go with glassfish instead.

Thanks for your help!!