tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Winter <andrewcwin...@gmail.com>
Subject The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library was not found
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:00:57 GMT
I have been having problems getting comet to work and decided to try the
APR connector.  So I installed APR from the RPM, version
apr-1.3.9-3.el6_1.2.i686.  I followed instructions that I found locally and
online and compiled up the tomcat-native-1.1.23.  It installed in the
/usr/local/apr/lib folder.  In the tomcat6.conf I set
the JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/apr/lib"

But I still get the message at start: INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat
Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments
was not found on the java.library.path: /usr/local/apr/lib

What am I missing?