tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Communication flow with different connectors
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 14:40:41 GMT
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa@vmware.com> wrote:

> This is a good article that explains the different ways to proxy to an
> Apache HTTPD server.  It's a little old, but still good.
>

> http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/06/16/deciding-between-modjk-modproxyhttp-and-modproxyajp

Interesting question and response, so far. Thank you both. I am tuning in
on conversations related to httpd, tomcat, and SSL, because I already have
a JSF web app deployed to tomcat7.0.34 (TomEE 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT), and that is
running well, but I want to run 2 instances of the web app against one
database (with javaee6 L2 cache) and SSL (https port to the outside world,
only, but of course, not needed for those accessing the web app, behind the
firewall, or accessing web app via the intranet).