tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat AutoDeploy Interval (Delay / Frequency)
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:16:38 GMT
2013/1/10 Radek Szamrej <rstechnology@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I believe it's a generic Tomcat question:
>
> How can I configure / modify AutoDeploy interval (delay / frequency).
>
> It is taking too much time form WAR being copied until Tomcat recognizes it
> and the application is redeployed / reinitialized.
>
> I would preferably like to reduce this delay to under 1 second.
>
> Tomcat 6.0.35; OS: Win7-64, JRE 1.6.x;

Autodeployment is performed by background thread of a Host. See its
configuration reference if you want to tune its delays. By default it
runs every 10 seconds.

Instead of playing with the delays I'd suggest you to leverage either
the Manager application or JMX. The Manager app protects the webapp
that it uploads from being (auto)deployed too early and it triggers
its deployment immediately upon upload, not relying on autodeploy.