tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: JNDI setup oracle 11 g
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:31:14 GMT
Hmmm. I didn't know that, I guess.

Well, I wonder if that long string requires some kind of escape character to be inserted in
it?

-----Original Message-----
From: tsidhu [mailto:tsidhuus@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:22 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: JNDI setup oracle 11 g

Thanks Barry,

The reason for the long dburl string is that this is an Oracle RAC (Clustered database). My
understanding is that the "simple" dburl cannot be used for RAC databases.

Also, I tried removing/adding the  validationQuery  from the context.xml, however that did
not work either :(.

When I researched the ORA-00911 error, it typically is thrown when you haven an invalid character
in the query. However I get this error when trying to get a connection via the JNDI reference
to the pool.

The strange thing is that this works via a simple java program that directly uses the JDBC/Oracle
driver.

I can work around the issue by not using JNDI in the web app, however I am not then able to
use pooling I guess.

Tony