tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From sry...@jsrsys.com
Subject Re: Fw: Tomcat 5.0.28 jdbc error "Name jdbc is not bound in this Context" on WindowsXP.
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:50:30 GMT
conf is: Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat5.0/conf   (where
server xml resides).

When I put context.xml in that directory, it seemed to be ignored.  I did
some experimenting moving it around and when I put it in:  Program
Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat5.0/conf/Catalina/localhost
the console log in Eclipse showed it was being processed AND gave me the
path error.

The max active 3 is for my development environment only so I will catch my
failure to do an sql.close() during testing on the development machine.  The
production machine has 200.

Yes, I want one shared connection pool.  Security is provided via
application code, and I personally code ALL the apps.
each app has it's own database.

I have made all the changes you suggested below and still get the error.
I have deleted the context.xml in localhost.  I attach the two files that
are now both in ONLY the
Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat5.0/conf   directory.

The exception stack is:
:*WARNING*Connection to jdbc/MySql:: connect Other exception: Name jdbc is 
not bound in this Context
2013-01-22 
12:42:00:Stack(6)=org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
2013-01-22 
12:42:00:Stack(5)=org.apache.jsp.SQLRep_jsp._jspService(SQLRep_jsp.java:610)
2013-01-22 12:42:00:Stack(4)=com.jsrsys.web.JsrSQL.(JsrSQL.java:42)
2013-01-22 
12:42:00:Stack(3)=com.jsrsys.web.JsrSQL.setDataBaseName(JsrSQL.java:86)
2013-01-22 12:42:00:Stack(2)=com.jsrsys.web.JsrSQL.connect(JsrSQL.java:504)
2013-01-22 
12:42:00:Stack(1)=org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:151)
2013-01-22 
12:42:00:Stack(0)=org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:768)
2013-01-22 12:42:00:JsrSQL: Context cast successfull

SQLRep is the jsp page, JsrSQL is my class that handles all SQL.  The base 
errors seems to be the NamingContextLookup error from Apache tomcat.

Mime
View raw message