tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Best way to log requests from a servlet and to a database?
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 07:05:33 GMT
> From: Brian Braun [mailto:brianbraun@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Best way to log requests from a servlet and to a database?

> However, if I get significantly more requests, this may not be enough
> because MySQL will get slower and the queue will get full. I think I could
> start using this queue, and if it gets full I could failover to Amazons
> Queue service. What do you think?

I think it would be cheaper for you to just spool the excess logging objects to your own local
disk if the in-memory queue reaches some predetermined limit.  However, if your DB server
really can't keep up, you'll need some strategy to just discard log entries or reject requests
until it can, even if you overflow to local disk.

 - Chuck