tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Trying to install tomcat 7.0.35 but after installation it shows me as Apache Tomcat 7.0.2
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 04:50:44 GMT
> From: Kiran Badi [mailto:kiran@poonam.org]
> Subject: Trying to install tomcat 7.0.35 but after installation it shows me as Apache
Tomcat 7.0.2

> I downloaded the Tomcat 7.0.35 from core binary distribution.32-bit
> Windows zip<http://www.motorlogy.com/apache/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.35/
> bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.35-windows-x86.z>

> I wanted to install this as service in windows 32 bit vista home premium.I
> installed it correctly and I can open and get into admin page.

Are you actually running it as a service, or from the .bat scripts?

> However in admin page of tomact I see the version as
> Apache Tomcat 7.0.2

What "admin" page are you referring to?  Tomcat has a default welcome page which shows the
version, a manager app (which requires configuration to access), and the service monitor (tomcat7w.exe);
which one are you talking about?

> Any ideas as why I am seeing 7.0.2 rather than 7.0.35 ?

I just downloaded and installed the 7.0.35 32-bit .zip file from the same mirror, with no
problems.  Are you sure you don't have an earlier version of Tomcat installed as well?  (Note
that 7.0.2 never progressed beyond beta.)

You should probable remove all the Tomcats you can find, and reinstall from a fresh download.

 - Chuck