tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrien RUFFIE <a.ruf...@e-deal.com>
Subject Jasper compiler for included jsp
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:38:09 GMT
Hello all I have following pages :
displayPerson.jsp and displaySocialNetwork.jsp

my first displayPerson.jsp include the second by following tag:
<%@include file="./displaySocialNetwork.jsp"%>

In the first page (displayPerson.jsp) following variable is declared:
<%
String id = person.getId();
%>

And I the second (displaySocialNetwork.jsp) this id is use like:

var ajaxParamID = <%= id %>

But when I try to compile these twice jsp page I get the following error:

cannot find symbol

Thank to following Jasper2 ant task:

<jasper2 uriroot="${webapp.dir}"
                             package="${jspc.pkg.prefix}"
                          webXmlFragment="${webapp.dir}/WEB-INF/jspc-web.xml"
                             outputDir="${webapp.dir}/WEB-INF/jspc-src/${jspc.dir.prefix}"
                             verbose="${verbose}" failonerror="${failonerror}" classdebuginfo="${classdebuginfo}"
listerrors="${listerrors}" compilerSourceVM="${compiler.source.vm}" compilerTargetVM="${compiler.target.vm}"/>

How I can say to jasper2: please include displayPerson.jsp when you try to compile displaySocialNetwork.jsp
? In order to have "id" variable ?

I precise that I cannot modify jsp code, but just ant task

Best regards.

Adrien RuffiƩ