tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: LDAP on TOMCAT 7.0.30
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 09:19:01 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> André,
>
> On 1/28/13 12:32 PM, André Warnier wrote:
>> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>>
>>> Chris,

>>> I think auto-forwarding credentials from the client system
>>> through the browser generally requires MSIE. I've never done
>>> anything like that and have no idea what I'm talking about, so I
>>> may be completely wrong.
>>>
>> You are. Firefox supports "Windows Integrated Authentication" fine
>> too, and I believe most usual current browsers do.
>
> Do you need a plug-in or anything like that? Does it need to be
> specifically enabled?

This may provide more details :
http://markmonica.com/2007/11/20/firefox-and-integrated-windows-authentication/
or search Google for : windows integrated authentication support in firefox

I am using currently Firefox v 17.0.1, and it seems to do fine right out of the box.
By default, Firefox will prompt for id/pw in a dialog box anyway, even for WIA. But you
can change this specifically for a list of sites, for which no prompt will be issued.
(That's all under Windows of course).