tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Can not understand how maxThreads of Connectors works
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:05:59 GMT
Hermes Flying wrote:
> I am using the correct server.xml.
> In the version 5.5.36 the maxThreads of 0 has no effect due to this code in org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
>

>  public void setMaxThreads(int maxThreads) {
>     if( maxThreads > 0)
>         tp.setMaxThreads(maxThreads);
>     }
>
> So what I observe is correct. I.e. with 0 there is no error and also my web application
works fine since it defaults to 200 threads.

On Jan 16, you wrote this :

Hermes Flying wrote:
 > Hi,
 > I am using Tomcat 6 (I think it is version 33 but will double check)
 > And JVM is Java 6 from IBM
 > Do you need exact versions?

And you haven't provided any other version number since then.

So why are you quoting Tomcat 5.5.36 code above ?
Do you actually enjoy confusing people on this list and causing them to uselessly spend
time answering your questions and trying to reproduce the symptoms which you indicate ?