tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Worstell <aworst...@a-1networks.com>
Subject Problems trying to disable log rotation within Tomcat 6
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:33:11 GMT
Hello,
I'm using Tomcat 6.0.24-2ubuntu1.10 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 and I am trying to
disable datestamping and rotation of log files within Tomcat so I can
use logrotate for everything.
I have added these lines to /etc/tomcat6/logging.properties:
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.rotatable = false
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.rotatable = false

 From what I have read, this will set those files to be written as
prefix.suffix, rather than prefix.date.suffix as it does by default.
However, when I reload Tomcat after setting this, it is creating:
catalina.2013-01-23.log
localhost.2013-01-23.log

Thanks,

--