tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rubert <alexandre.rub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Only start manager at startup
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:48:28 GMT
Le 21/01/2013 15:17, David kerber a écrit :
> On 1/21/2013 8:51 AM, Alexandre Rubert wrote:

>>> Thanks. I was wondering why it was left legal when it was so strongly
>>> discouraged in most references and in this list.

>> I don't know how to write my new context. Do I have to write it into my
>> host section where I set deployOnstartUp to false and autoDeploy to
>> false ?Do you have example ?
>
> Yes.  Here is an example from what I used to use.  Note that this is
> only part of the server.xml, and you need to change my settings to
> what you use:
>

>    <Engine name="Catalina"
>            defaultHost="localhost">
>
>       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
>              resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
>
>       <Host name="localhost"
>             appBase="webapps"
>             unpackWARs="true"
>             autoDeploy="true"
>             xmlValidation="false"
>             xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>
>          <Context path="/dir1/dir2"
>             docBase="<full path to dir where .war is located>"
>             debug="0"
>             reloadable="true"
>             autoDeploy="true"
>             unpackWARs="true"
>             crossContext="false"
>             caseSensitive="false">
>          </Context>
>
>       </Host>
>
>     </Engine>

Tomcat logs say setting property autoDeploy to true did not find
matching property
This is my server.conf
<Engine name="Catalina"
            defaultHost="localhost">

              resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

       <Host name="localhost"
             appBase="webapps"
             unpackWARs="true"
             autoDeploy="false"
             deployOnStartup="false"
             xmlValidation="false"
             xmlNamespaceAware="false">

          <Context path="/manager"
             docBase="/usr/share/tomcat6-admin/manager"
             debug="0"
             reloadable="true"
             autoDeploy="true"
             unpackWARs="true"
             crossContext="false"
             caseSensitive="false">
          </Context>

       </Host>

     </Engine>

Moreover, I have access to manager but it doesn't list my application in
webapps directory