tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benin Technologies <benintechnolog...@yahoo.fr>
Subject session not working when dash or underscore in application name
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 12:15:13 GMT
Hi,

I just installed Tomcat 7.0.32 on Debian Linux 6 (Squeeze). Client is
Mozilla Firefox 12.0, also on Debian Linux 6.

To test session behavior, I did a simple JSP page that simulates a coin
launch (heads or tales), and displays the total of heads and total of tails.

If my war file is called headsOrTails.war, it works just fine :
http://tomcat:8080/headsOrTails/

but if there are dashes or underscores in the name, Tomcat creates a new
session for each page request (so I can't get the totals)
http://tomcat:8080/heads-or-tails/
http://tomcat:8080/heads_or_tails/

is this a normal behavior ?

thanks