tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Watts <tim.j.wa...@kcl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: tomcat 6 j_security_check, Apache ProxyPass and the Origin: header
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:01:50 GMT
On 18/01/13 11:45, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 18/01/2013 11:07, Tim Watts wrote:
>> Anyone?

Hi Mark,

> Tomcat doesn't give two hoots about the origin header.

Curious - I wonder how me editing it helped? Unless it caused some
knockon somewhere.

> It does care
> about the Host header.

That would make more sense...

> It is hard to tell exactly what is going wrong from your post but you
> may need one or more of the following:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypreservehost

Hmm - that would be worth a shot - I went down this road when trying to
stop Wordpress whining about being on the end of a proxy. Didn;t work
there, but it might here.

> Set this to on
>
> Set proxyName="A" anf proxyPort="80" on the connector in server.xml

"A" being the host that is proxying to the tomcat server. Cool - that is
the sort of thing I was looking for - though I expected to find it in
the web.xml so maybe I was looking for the wrong thing...

> HTH,
>
> Mark

Thank you for your suggestions - I will try them shortly in conjunction
with Andre's. Lucky - I seemed to have bumped my mail just at the time
all the experts are around :->>>

Cheers :)

Tim

--
Tim Watts                               Tel (VOIP): +44 (0)1580 848360
Systems Manager              Digital Humanities, King's College London

Systems Messages and Notifications: https://systemsblog.cch.kcl.ac.uk/
Personal Blog:                         http://squiddy.blog.dionic.net/