tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: TFS SDK Native Library Error in a web service deployed on Axis2-Tomcat7-Ubuntu platform
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:01:39 GMT

On 1/16/13 11:44 AM, Bulent Ozhorasan wrote:
> I'm trying to execute TFS SDK Api commands in an axis2 web service
> deployed on Tomcat7.

For those not in the know, that's "Microsoft Team Foundation Server",
which is a sort of all-on-one source-control, reporting,
project-management thingamajig. I'm shocked it's got a JNI interface
to it.

> I successfully ran my small application on windows platform. I want
> to run my web service on a Tomcat deployed on Linux.

Okay, my level of suspected incredulity is increasing, here. If
Microsoft indeed does provide a native Java library for accessing it's
TFS SDK, I would find it hard to believe it would provide such a
library for anything but Microsoft Windows.

> I get the UnsatisfiedLinkError (Exception): .... Caused by:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> I defined system
> property. I modified to include
> -D"" line. I can see that above
> system variable is defined on Tomcat Axis2 happiness page (It
> gives information about VM parameters)
> My linux is 32 bit intel machine so I chose linux\x86 as native
> library files (5 .so files)

Which files? Can you list them? Also, what does this command return:

$ file /home/user/tfsbin/*

Also this:

$ java -version

> I copied them to /home/user/tfsbin and set
> to this folder.

You may have to modify your java.library.path to include the directory
which contains those files. It's possible that the
"" system property avoids
you having to modify your java.library.path.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools -
Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined -