tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Can not understand how maxThreads of Connectors works
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:18:37 GMT
Hermes Flying wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to understand how the maxThreads attribute of Connectors works. I did some
tests in order to configure Tomcat to limit the number of concurrent client requests(as asked
in my previous mail).
> Did the following trivial configuration.
>
> maxThreads=1 and acceptCount=1
> Then I send 2 concurrent requests from 2 clients and both were served!I was expecting
that one would get a network failure!
> I even tried maxThreads=0 and still the clients were served! How is this possible?

Can you tell us which precise version of Tomcat you are using, with which precise JVM
version, and also paste here a copy of your "server.xml" (any confidential information and

comments removed) ?