tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Mayr <ste...@mayr-stefan.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat slow during startup >= 7.0.28
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:17:09 GMT
Am 14.01.2013 15:11, schrieb Conrad Kostecki:
> Hi!
> I've noticed, that Tomcat got much slower during startup. When using a Version > 7.0.27
(+ Oracle JDK 7), it takes much longer.
> After this Step, with a newer version, it can take several minutes, until it continues.
> During this "pause", I can see, that the disk i/o is pretty high.
> When I switch back to an older version < 7.0.27, this goes much faster. It just takes
seconds.

> I am using a stock default config, only added "URIEncoding="UTF-8"". Tested with Windows
7 Professional and Ubuntu 12.04.

> I don't know where to start for debugging this problem. Any Ideas?

Is this a large webapp with many classes? I think around 7.0.29
something changed with annotation scanning. There was much discussion
about memory issues through some changed behaviour as well.
Maybe you could try to check with metadata-complete from
https://tomcat.apache.org/migration-7.html#Annotation_scanning

Bye,

   Stefan