tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat doesn't process error messages
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:05:32 GMT
Hi.

Husarik, Branko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a bit desperate thanks to my issue with Tomcat, which seems to be like common matter.
I am using Tomcat 6.0.35 as a proxy between Oracle and Web service. Tomcat is running on AIX
Version 6.1. There is send request http message from Oracle to the Proxy and message is forwarded
to the Web service as https. Web services responses https message to Proxy and it is send
back to Oracle as http.

> When Web service responds HTTP/1.1 200 OK, everything works well and the Soap Message
is correctly forwarded back to Oracle.
> When Web service responds HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error, proxy fails during getInputStream()
method.
> There is thrown IOException and Soap message is not forwarded back. Error message is
"Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://hktibt.rdm.cz:39990/...." and cause
is null. I tried to add getErrorStream() executing in case getInputStream() is not working,
but the result is null. Please do you know some way, how to process incoming "Error messages"?
Is it caused by bad setup of configuration?

I am not quite sure what your problem is, but I am quite sure that there is no part of the

standard Tomcat software which acts as a proxy server.
Can you explain which code is actually performing this proxying function ?
(It must be some webapp running under Tomcat, but it does not belong to the standard
Tomcat release).

xmlns:ns0="http://selfcare.ei.tmobile.cz/datatypes"><ns0:eiMessageContext><ns1:sender
xmlns:ns1="http://messaging.ei.tmobile.net/datatypes">VCCNG</ns1:sender><ns1:correlationId
xmlns:ns1="http://messaging.ei.tmobile.net/datatypes">12000001138552</ns1:correlationId></ns0:eiMessageContext><ns0:data><ns0:ServiceHeader
xmlns:ns1="http://messaging.ei.tmobile.net/datatypes" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><ns0:userName>sa</ns0:userName></ns0:ServiceHeader><ns0:OmsStatus><ns0:orderStatus>IN-PROCESS</ns0:orderStatus></ns0:OmsStatus></ns0:data></ns0:ActivateServiceRes></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

> HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 13:28:33 GMT
> Connection: close
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode
xmlns="">SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode><faultstring xmlns="">This is an operation
implementation generated fault</faultstring><faultactor xmlns=""/><detail xmlns=""><ns:BusinessServiceException
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:ns="http://selfcare.ei.tmobile.cz/datatypes" xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><ns0:eiMessageContext
xmlns:ns0="http://messaging.ei.tmobile.net/datatypes"><ns0:sender>VCCNG</ns0:sender><ns0:correlationId>12000013075712</ns0:correlationId></ns0:eiMessageContext><ns1:timestamp
xmlns:ns1="http://messaging.ei.tmobile.net/datatypes">2013-01-02T14:28:33.392+01:00</ns1:timestamp><ns1:exceptionClass
xmlns:ns1="http://messaging.ei.tmobile.net/datatypes">1002000004</ns1:exceptionClass><ns1:furtherInfo
xmlns:ns1="http:/
/messaging.ei.tmobile.net/datatypes">Validation error</ns1:furtherInfo><ns:breData
xmlns:ns0="http://www.tibco.com/schemas/BS_SA/Internal"><ns1:reason xmlns:ns1="http://selfcare.ei.tmobile.cz/datatypes">NOT_PROPER_TARIFF</ns1:reason><ns1:textInfo
xmlns:ns1="http://selfcare.ei.tmobile.cz/datatypes">.</ns1:textInfo></ns:breData></ns:BusinessServiceException></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>