tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hermes Flying <flyingher...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can not understand how maxThreads of Connectors works
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 16:01:30 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to understand how the maxThreads attribute of Connectors works. I did some tests
in order to configure Tomcat to limit the number of concurrent client requests(as asked in
my previous mail).
Did the following trivial configuration.

maxThreads=1 and acceptCount=1
Then I send 2 concurrent requests from 2 clients and both were served!I was expecting that
one would get a network failure!
I even tried maxThreads=0 and still the clients were served! How is this possible?

Thank you