tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vi...@thepenguin.org
Subject Change port that apache runs on in tomcat/apache setup
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:53:41 GMT
Hello:

I am trying to get mod_jk to work, and it works if tomcat is listening on port 8080, but I
try to shut down port 8080 from tomcat and configure it in an Apache vhost, but apache dies.
I think I am following the rules, but obviously I am missing something fundamental. Would
appreciate help.

First I go into server.xml and comment out the following:

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
        connectionTimeout="20000"
        redirectPort="8443" />

The idea is that I want to use AJP instead of HTTP in Tomcat.

Then I create an Apache VirtualHost with the following:

<VirtualHost *:8080>
  ServerName tomcat.sample.com
  DocumentRoot /var/www/httpd/vhosts/tomcat.sample.com
 <IfModule mod_jk.c>
  JkMount /sample sample1
  JkMount /sample/* sample1
 <IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

I created a workers.properties which looks like this:

worker.list=sample1
worker.sample1.port=8009
worker.sample1.host=localhost
worker.sample1.type=ajp13

As I understand it, Apache should now show up in netstat listening on port 8080, but it doesn't.
I see java listening on port 8009 as expected. Can you see what I am missing? Just want to
be able to change the port that my tomcat is access by.

Appreciate any help,
CaptainVic