tomcat-users mailing list archives

From C├ędric Couralet <cedric.coura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.33 just stops without any errors...
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 20:05:20 GMT
2012/12/20 Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I have noticed since switching to Tomcat 7.0.33 64-bit that sometimes it just stops functioning
with no errors and no events in windows to give me a reason why. It seems to do it once every
couple of weeks.
> Has anyone experienced that? I am thinking next time to hookup visualvm to see what I
can see.

Hello,

If there is really nothing in all the logs generated by Tomcat then it
could be a JVM crash. Some explanation could be found in a file named
hs_err_pidXXXX.log. By default it is in the working directory.
For tomcat as a service in windows, i noticed it is in %WIN_DIR%/system32/

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/felog-138657.html#gbwcy