tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gamper <weissha...@gmail.com>
Subject Reuse JNDI Properties
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 13:03:22 GMT
Hey everybody!

I am looking for a solution to reuse a JNDI Property which is set in the
context.xml :
in my "${catalina.home}/conf/context.xml" following
    <Environment name="nodeName" type="java.lang.String"
value="superFantasticNode" override="false" />
I use this value for several different purposes.

Now I want to define (for my J2EE application) another value for special
Log- Files. And therefore I use another JNDI property ... and in this
Property I'd like to "reuse" the previously set "nodeName"-variable.

In my Fantasy it would work like this:
    <Environment name="loggingPath"
        value="${catalina.home}/logs/${nodeName}.log"
type="java.lang.String"
        override="false" />

But it does not.

Do you know any solution (despite from changing my code) to achieve this?

Sincerly
Martin