tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Cahir King <cahirk...@googlemail.com>
Subject "No print service found" error on Apache Tomcat 6.0.35 running on FreeBSD using CUPS when trying to print via Jasper.
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:04:59 GMT
Hello all,

I am running a web application (OpenVPMS) on Tomcat 6.0.35 on a FreeBSD 9.0
server. The webapp has a Mysql database backend. I have installed CUPS and
have several printers on the local network (mainly HP).  The JVM is openjdk
6.0 (1.6.0_32-b26), downloaded and installed from ports in BSD.

One feature of the webapp is that it is supposed to send label printouts
directly to a printer using jasper. However, when I try to do this, the
following error comes up:

Failed to generate report: No suitable print service found.

I can print from the BSD server using other programs like gedit. I just
can't get the tomcat server to print directly. I am assuming that the
jasper bit was installed automatically with the tomcat port on BSD, so I
don't think I need any additional programs. I have also made sure that the
tomcat user is a member of the cups group.

I am a novice in all of this, so if anyone can point me in the right
direction, I would be most grateful. The error log is attached to this
message.

Thank you.