tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0 CLASSPATH query
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 18:22:21 GMT
2012/12/7 vicky <vicky007aggarwal@yahoo.co.in>:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a requirement in which i need to add couple of properties files to tomcat CLASSPATH
as these are needed for my application deployed in Tomcat 6.0.

> One strange thing is that, i need to add the all my properties files to "<CATALINA_BASE>/bin"
directory else these all wont get added to Tomcat classpath.

> I just want to confirm that is it by design that if i want to add any properties file
to Tomcat CLASSPATH then adding files to " <CATALINA_BASE>/bin " directory
> is the solution we have or something else we can also do ??? Please suggest
>
> Why cant we add files to " <CATALINA_BASE>/conf" directory so that it get added
to tomcat CLASSPATH

1. Have you studied the docs? There is a chapter on class loaders and
class paths.
2. Blindly adding the conf directory to the classpath will break logging.