tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat7.0-Setting property 'threadPriority' did not find a matching property
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 05:17:57 GMT
2012/12/3 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Weixiang [mailto:kurt.weixiang@huawei.com]
>> Subject: Tomcat7.0-Setting property 'threadPriority' did not find a matching property
>
>> I config in my server.xml for a HTTP Connector named "MGMT":
>
>> threadPriority="java.lang.Thread#Thread.MAX_PRIORITY"
>
> The documentation may give the impression that you can set the value of the threadPriority
attribute to a string referring to some static field, but that is not actually the case.
You must supply a numeric value here, which will normally be 10 for the maximum.  You can
write a simple Java program to display the values of Thread.MIN_PRIORITY and Thread.MAX_PRIORITY,
and choose a number within that range.

> class ThreadPriority {
>   static public void main(String args[]) throws Exception {
>     System.out.format("thread priorities: MIN %d, NORM %d, MAX %d%n",
>                       Thread.MIN_PRIORITY, Thread.MIN_PRIORITY, Thread.MAX_PRIORITY);
>   }
> }
>
> The JDK 7 Javadoc includes a description for the priority values, but it doesn't appear
to be completely accurate:
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/constant-values.html#java.lang.Thread.MAX_PRIORITY

The MIN/NORM/MAX_PRIORITY constants in the Thread class are "final
static" and thus they are evaluated and inlined at compile time and
cannot differ between systems.

I'll clarify the docs.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko