tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to expire jvmRoute cookie
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:37:39 GMT
2012/12/10 Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>:

> If the Valve is configured at the Engine or Host level, will the call
> to getSession know what webapp's session should be fetched? Obviously,
> Tomcat figures this out eventually, but I was wondering if that
> resolution has been done before the host- or engine-level valves are
> invoked.

The Context to which the request maps to is known from requestURI +
mapper. (Regardless of where the valve is configured).

>> See also  org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve,
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/cluster-valve.html
>
> I think that may be the right place for this to ultimately live, but
> developing separately probably makes sense for now.

I do not think such feature belongs to Tomcat itself. I think it'd be
better to do at the balancer (to ignore jvmRoute occasionally).  If
balancer sends request to a different Tomcat, tomcat can deal with it
thanks to JvmRouteBinderValve and like it deals with the usual
fail-over scenario.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko