tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: I can only access Tomcat 7 when running via console (startup.bat)
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:38:39 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: I can only access Tomcat 7 when running via console (startup.bat)

> If it was a firewall issue or similar, we'd have the same.

Not necessarily.

> Some weird MS security rule, applying to services but not to regular processes ?

Some protection mechanisms (not just MS) only allow specific, registered processes to use
the NIC.  If that were in place, it's quite possible that "java.exe" is registered, but "Tomcat7.exe"
is not.  127.0.0.1 does not use the NIC, so this might explain why the service is unreachable
from outside the box.

 - Chuck