tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Mod_jk - loadbalancer
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:49:28 GMT
Am 03.12.2012 11:59, schrieb André Warnier:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> On 12/3/2012 11:18, Orhan Karasakal wrote:
>>> But firstly I want to send requests to loadbalancer and then
>>> according to
>>> url, sending the other nodes.
>> Session affinity should handle that.
>
> Session affinity should ensure that once a session is started with
> one application on a particular worker, follow-up requests by the
> same
> browser to the same application should continue to go to the same
> tomcat worker.
>
> But it does not allow one to control to which worker the *first*
> request to a particular application will go, or does it ?
You may want to add jsessionid=.[JVMRoute] to your url. That way mod_jk
will send your request to the right worker.

So given two workers workerA and workerB with JVMRoute same as the
worker names and an URL http://server/webapp1 , you could simply try
http://server/webapp1?jsessionid=.workerA to reach workerA directly.

Regards
  Felix