tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Word.Applicaiton acvivex components & tomcat & Windows 7
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 17:04:26 GMT

On 12/7/12 6:06 PM, Jan Kostelansky wrote:
> I am experiencing problems running vb script under tomcat.
> [...]
> I created servlet which does precisely the same as simple java
> program.

If it's on the server side, there are a whole bunch of issues you
could be encountering. Please post the Java code you are using to
launch the script on the server.

> If I run servlet in tomcat7 under Win XP - everything is fine
> If I run servlet in tomcat7 under Win 7 64 bit - program stops
> when Word.Applicaiton ActiveX component opens docx document.

Do you mean that the thread blocks and you never get a response from
Tomcat? You are probably not managing your streams -- or the
underlying process -- properly.

Or, André's suggestion is right that Microsoft Office has lots of
failure modes when running under a Service.

> This is not tomcat error precisely as it works on XP. I have a
> feeling enhanced Windows7 security causes this issues.

Possibly. Are there any log messages (catalina.log, etc.) or error
events in the Windows event viewer?

- -chris
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools -