tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Mod_jk - loadbalancer
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 10:41:40 GMT
Orhan,

1) do not "top-post". It is difficult to follow the logical flow of the conversation when

you do that.

Orhan Karasakal wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>
>> Orhan Karasakal wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I use mod_jk loadbalancing. (JkMount /WebApp/* loadbalancer )
>>> I want to use only one loadbalancer. Can I set specific url after
>>> balancing
>>> ?
>>>
>>> For example, firstly every request will go to loadbalancer.
>>> Then if request is  /WebApp/A*.com, it will go to node1. If request
>>> /WebApp/B*.com, it will go to node2
>>>
>>> worker.loadbalancer.balance_**workers=node1,node2.
>>>
>>>  I may not understand correctly what you really want, but from your
>> explanation above, it does not look like "load balancing".  What you seem
>> to want is to forward some requests to one Tomcat back-end (worker1), and
>> some others to another Tomcat back-end (worker2).
>>
>> If that is the case, you should do this :
>>
>> JkMount /Webapp/URL-1/* worker1
>> JkMount /Webapp/URL-2/* worker2
>>

 > But firstly I want to send requests to loadbalancer and then according to
 > url, sending the other nodes.
 > I have a lot of nodes and I have to use loadbalancer for every request

Then I believe that the answer to your question is : no, you cannot do that. Mod_jk does
not foresee such a case, as far as I know.
But mod_jk, like Tomcat, is open-source.  So you could take the code and modify it as per

your wishes.

Or you could post an enhancement request.

Or you could change your architecture, and introduce an intermediate level of load-balancing
:
1st level : Apache httpd with mod_proxy_http and load-balancing, balances to
2d level : Apache httpd with mod_jk, balances to
3d level : Tomcat workers