tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 is not working on windows 7....
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 09:25:42 GMT
On 03/12/2012 09:15, Jugal Thakkar wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>             I am Java Developer. i develop web application using servlet
> and JSP.
>
> My problem is that i am not able to get server started in eclipse
> Juno.....using Tomcat 7 with windows 7.....
>
> Please Guide me for the same....
> Installation Process of tomcat 7 on windows 7....
> I was previously using Windows XP and everything was fine....
> But with Windows 7 i am Having the problem....
>
> Please guide me regarding this....

Two options:

1. Read this:
and follow the excellent advice it offers.

2. Apply the following logic:
- It worked on Windows XP
- It doesn't work on Windows 7
- Therefore a bug in Windows 7 is the root cause
- Either:
  a) Report the problem to Microsoft and get them to fix it
  b) Uninstall Windows 7 and re-install Windows XP

Mark