tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat with multiple domains
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 13:05:19 GMT
Paul, you shouldn't top-post.  It makes it hard to follow the logical gist of the
conversation.

Paul van Hoven wrote:
 > Thank you guys for your great help. It was indeed an error in the xml
 > that I entered in the server.xml file. I put something like this:
 >
 > <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
 > <Service name="Catalina">
 > <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
 > <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
 >             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
 > <Host name="www.my2nddomain.com"
 > appBase="/opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.32/my2nddomain" unpackWARs="true"
 > autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
 >         </Host>
 >    </Host>
 > </Engine>
 >   </Service>
 > </Server>
 >
 > Notice that I nested the virtual host definition within the host
 > definition tags of the default host. So, therefore it did not work and
 > I didn't see it.
 >
 > Okay now it works perfectly fine. Again, thanks for your fantastic support!

So, taking into account Christoper's detailed explanation of why Tomcat would not detect
this as an error in server.xml, we are still left with something strange here.

Assuming that Paul previously reported the result correctly (he requested a URL mapping to

the first host, and got a response from an app of the second Host instead), that would
mean that in the process of parsing the above, Tomcat somehow overwrote the appBase of the

first <Host> tag, with the appBase of the second <Host> tag, no ?